Friday, June 27

The Traveling Meat Locker

As those of you who have been pregnant know, Murphy wrote most of his stinking laws for pregnant women. The latest proof of this theory came this week, when the air conditioning in my Jeep decided to go out...just in time for the hot weather. For those of you who haven't been around a pregnant lady without air conditioning...well, let's just say that you'd rather be locked in a room with a rampaging rhino. (Even the mechanics at the dealership expressed their heartfelt sympathies for Tim. :p)

What we thought would be a simple "fill 'er up with freon" trip to the dealership ended up being a several day extravaganza of irritation, culminating in the entire compressor in the a/c having to be replaced. To top it off, after picking up the Jeep yesterday (which I had dropped off with the Empty fuel light on) I had to stop and get gas, and like the brilliant and sleep deprived person that I am, I left my credit card at the gas station in Spokane. Doh. Thankfully, a very honest person found it and turned it in to the nearest branch, without even a single charge for "Vick's Vivaciously Strong Internet Viagra." While I'm discouraged at this latest proof that I really am losing my mind, I'm also encouraged to know that there really are good people out there that take pity on us absent-minded pregnant women. ;o)

In any case, I'm happy to report that I now have a super-charged air conditioner in the Jeep, which I crank up to keep it at the comfortable temperature of approximately 43 degrees. Aaaah.

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Mandy I understand about loosing the mind...I found my cell phone in the most interesting places like the freezer one time and after the baby comes its still the same...Hannah turned 8 months today and I still don't have it together...thank goodness for sticky notes....love