Tuesday, August 5

A little too cozy

We had our weekly doctor's appointment yesterday and it turns out the little monster is just a little too cozy for her own good. We haven't really made any progress since last week (no more dilation) and my cervix is still sitting posterior, which I believe translates to "way back there." Before it will start to dilate it needs to move to a more forward position, which just has not happened yet. Apparently Zi Spa Mama is a little too luxurious to want to leave.

So, we are kicking up the walking more (we have been walking every night, but now adding a morning walk as well) and hoping that we can coax her out. If not, we are scheduled to go in on Sunday night to start the long process of inducing labor...something we really don't want to do (me especially), but we also don't want to go past 41 weeks due to other increased risks of complications.

In any case, the eviction notice has been served kiddo! You have one week to vacate the premises before the muscle in white coats come to forcibly remove you. Come on out and play! We have cookies!

6 comments:

Anne said...

Hey you! Hang in there and I'm sure things will start moving soon. We'll be thinking of you (and I am totally with you on the whole anti-induce theorem!) I guess if it is Sunday, then at least you have a definite time frame....

colby said...

Heeeeeeeere baby baby baby!

I'm hopeful that the moment I leave town she'll think it'd be the funniest joke ever to wait all this time, then come while I'm gone... ;o)

Rebekah said...

Hopefully she will come soon, but if not, inductions aren't too bad. They are a lot better than being pregnant any longer than you have to be, and you can get an epidural sooner (at 2 cm)! And you are a lot tougher than me, so you probably wouldn't even notice the baby slip out. ;)

Scott says he can't wait for little Scottina to get here, but I had to correct him. It's little Bektina! :D

Shannon said...

Hey Mandy you may have a quick labor even with the induction...my friend had to be induced and her labor was only 2 hours long total and like Beka says you get to have an epi sooner...much love

Jen said...

I didn't want to be induced, but as the time wore on, I thought, "Hey, what's a few hours of pain compared to the misery of late pregnancy?" I think I would have signed up for anything just to be done being pregnant!(Fortunately, they just had to break my water). Hope your walking gets things going!

mandy said...

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement! Oh, and I'm afraid that after careful consideration we'll be adding Scottina Bektina to the list of "names without enough zing". ;o) It was a close one though...