Sunday, June 1

Really? Nine more weeks?

They tell us that there are nine more weeks to go...personally, I'm hoping that the family genes take over (both Tim and I were 3 weeks early) and our little girl finishes baking a bit early. Thankfully, it has not yet been super hot, yet somehow I feel like I accidentally sat on a helium tank. Baby Girl (or The Little Monster, as she is currently and affectionately known) has definitely put on some weight this last couple of weeks, as my back and my newly acquired beginnings of stretch marks can attest to. :P

The good news is that we had our gestational diabetes check-up and we're all clear--also not anemic, so health-wise we are both doing great. For the moms-to-be that are reading this blog, my advice to you: don't kickbox while you're pregnant. I think that Little Monster has picked up some of the moves and is now practicing on me. We literally laughed out loud when we read somewhere that a normal "kick count" (counting how often the baby moves in a given time period) is 10 kicks or so in 2 hours. If that's the case, this little one is already an overachiever of grand proportions.

We did update the web album with a new picture of baby and mom...so you can judge for yourself how much longer the oven timer has to tick. ;o)

1 comments:

Jen said...

it's so much nicer when they once they are outside of you. unfortunately, we're 2 weeks postpartum and still having the hot flashes...when will it end??