It starts off with a 2.4 mile swim in the lake, which was less than 60 degrees thanks to our unusually cool weather earlier on (not that the pregnant lady is complaining). Then straight into a 112 mile bike ride up and down the hills and valleys...not to be out done by the marathon they throw in at end! A 26.2 mile course, designed to test the physical and mental limits of even the most die hard athletes. Even the "best" athletes take 9-10 hours to finish this course, and for most mere mortals it is a 14+ hour day that starts at 6 AM and ends near midnight.
I'm now proud to say that I personally know someone who has done it! Yesterday, my friend and coworker (someone who I jokingly refer to as my "wife," since she spends almost as much time listening to me complain as Tim does) proved that she is made of Iron! The picture below is her at the finish, and we were almost as glad to see her as she was to see the end. ;o) Way to go, Nicole! We were proud to be your pit crew.


2 comments:
Thanks Iron Wife. Couldn't have done it without you.
Congrads Nicole....You are a true ironwoman and I'm glad that my sister has a "wife" like you!!!!
Post a Comment