This week's childbirth class was all about movie night. We watched several videos of women in all stages of labor and one video of the valiant "Deborah" from the first signs of labor all the way to the big event. Needless to say, we skipped the popcorn.
Tim did great during this whole thing and didn't show any signs of turning green. I would have been proud of him except I was too busy...hyperventilating. Well, not exactly, but it was definitely difficult to watch those poor womens' faces slowly turn different shades of red and purple (the births were all 'natural').
Famous last words, but after watching that I think I'd honestly rather be the one going through it myself than the one having to watch my loved one go through it (especially knowing I had a hand in it...not that I'd remind Tim of that or anything). Tim, of course, is enjoying this brief moment of my sympathy and is smart enough to realize that it won't last past the first contraction. Contrary to what these moms on camera did (with some very clever film editing, I'm sure) and despite the fact that our nurse/instructor says it's not very common, I fully expect to be the irate mother-in-labor, cursing like a sailor and throwing any object that is not tied down. Tim's Father's Day basket will include a set of earplugs for filtering everything I say, and a full set of football padding, complete with helmet. Go Team Meyer!
25 School Lunch Ideas Kids Won’t Get Tired Of
2 weeks ago


5 comments:
i'd have to check with joe, but i think my face turned red and purple and that was w/ an epidural! having dori in the delivery room, though, kept my language at least PG-13 (as in "frickin' ay! My back hurts so much!").
Hmmmm, I'm not so sure that I should be reading this blog. Just promise not to post excerpts of the movies and I think I can make it! I have to say that my language might not be the best either. The comparison to having a car wreck somewhere near mile marker nine is coming to mind.....
I will be honest...If I had my way and Hannah didn't come flying out i would of had my epidural!!!! I did do a LOT of screaming yelling and cussing...my face was very red and I broke blood vains in one of my eyes...I look back now and it was worth it but you can ask mom it was an event...but after all of this we will more than likely have a c-seciton if I ever make it full term with the second one due to fast labor and BIG babies...love you tons....
This is childbirth, not a Disney parade - PG not required, you do what you can to get there. ;o) I recommend Tim keep the shin guards on if you are able to get out of bed, though, or he may be walking with a limp from all the kicking you'll do.
Thanks everyone. :o) That makes me feel slightly better about expanding the entire maternity nursing staff's vocabulary when the time comes!
Anne, I promise no videos...once is enough for anyone, but I do recommend watching one before your big day. I can't say firsthand, but I imagine it is different than the average cow or sheep experience. ;o)
Post a Comment