Monday, August 11

Almost Time...

We will be leaving for the hospital in a few hours to start the process of bringing this little girl into the world...or finish it I guess, considering it started about 41 weeks ago. ;o) All I can say is they better have room available or I'm going to be camping on their doorstep with an IV drip. :P

We will post pictures and news as soon as we can, and it seems like the web nursery for the hospital is a few days behind, but they may beat us to it so you can check there, too. Thanks to everyone who have sent your thoughts and support! We're almost there and we can't wait!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray, it is almost time.

Mom

colby said...

For all of you waiting patiently for an update, the little stinker still has yet to make an appearance. They tried some alternatives to inducing last night, and broke Mandy's water this morning around 7. Contractions are progressing... fingers crossed that this baby comes on her own!

colby said...

Update for you guys... we entered Defcon 2 (or 3? 4?) around noon with the addition of some pitocin. She's a stubborn little girl, hopefully she's working it all out of her system now ;o)

Anne said...

I tried posting earlier but no avail - in any case THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATES NICOLE!! I'm trying really, really hard to be patient not hearing anything yet over here but you have vastly improved my sanity! Tell Manders we're rooting for her!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,
This is Edy, Mandy's Mom. I just talked to her, they just gave her an epidural (?) she said it was just kicking in. The contractions were very intense and she was pretty worn out. She was thankful for the break and was going to try and get some rest. We are hoping our sweety will give her Mom a break and come very soon. Needless to say this grandmother is very nervous and anxious, and have been pacing for the last 5 hours. I will owe Tim and Mandy new livingroom carpet before this is over.
Edy

colby said...

To add to mom's comment, the end is in sight! She's almost at 9cm, and things are moving now!

GO TEAM MEYER!

colby said...

I know you are all refreshing this page at regular intervals, so I'll spare you the suspense of waiting for the vitals - she's here!! Congratulations to mom, dad, AND baby!! :o)

Anonymous said...

That's great news! Congrats to mom and dad, and welcome baby Meyer!

Anne said...

YAY! First I couldn't sleep at all because I was waiting to hear the good news....then I couldn't sleep because the news was so exciting! Manders, you made my day last night with your call (and yep, that babe does have quite the working set of lungs :) )

Rebekah said...

Congratulations! Scott and I waited up last night, clutching our cell phones waiting for the call. We are so happy for you guys! I want all the details, time, weight, height, name (if you have decided yet), how labor went, how you are all doing now, etc.

Take care! We can't wait to meet her and to see you guys!
Beka

Jen said...

So glad to hear she's here! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

that's great!

congrats!!

Chris W.

Shannon said...

Anna Olivia Meyer born at 9:57 (around there) 8 pounds 10 oz 21 inches long.......She is beautiful
Sorry I can't post a picture on here so you all could see...lots of hair.....

colby said...

The web nursery photos are up. I have seen her for myself and can vouch for the fact that she's the most beautiful baby girl I've seen since... myself! Just kidding. ;o)

http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortraits/BabyDetail.aspx?birthid=bdd6c1c8-3ef1-46b8-bfb3-8c1ad6504f2b&babyid=4b68082d-acfe-4a35-9115-789a4a85945d

colby said...

PS: Mom, dad, and baby are hoping to come home tonight, but we'll see how things go. As you would expect, everyone is a little tired and I'm sure they'd enjoy a little bit of sleep in their own beds (rather than even less sleep in strange beds!).

Anne said...

Just writing to say that I hope Mom and Dad are finally home in their own beds and adapting well to the "Life of Anna"!