Wednesday, June 11

Baby Crib Blues

Our "drop dead" date for getting the nursery ready is July 4th (I know, how ironical) so we thought we better get our act together and get the last piece of furniture we need for the nursery...the crib. Minor Details. We found an awesome set of baby furniture at Baby Depot, but the dressers were all we could fit in the truck in the first trip, and that was only with a liberal application of bungee cords and twine. After that, life got a little busy, but Tim's mission for Father's Day was to get the crib setup so I gave them a call...only to find out that they don't have any in stock!

Mandy: I've got some good news and some bad news about the crib.
Tim: Oh? What's the good news?
Mandy: The good news is that it is on sale!
Tim: Hey, great! What's the bad news?
Mandy: They don't have any and had to special order it. They said 8-12 weeks for delivery.
Tim: Uhhh, 8-12 weeks?
Mandy: Yeah.

For those of you doing the math...OUR delivery is in about 7 weeks. Oops. Might be investing in a bassinet if it doesn't look like the crib will be here before then. :-(

(Our pretty crib, if you're curious: Hart Furniture - Meadowdale. Hopefully it's worth waiting for.)

6 comments:

Jen said...

I hear a laundry basket with a changing pad in it next to your bed works well as a bassinet. Granted, the people who told me this didn't have 2 dogs. We invested in a thrift store bassinet so Doc wouldn't end up sleeping with Sam.

Unknown said...

Hahaha, well, we have the bassinet, and the crib. They work great when you don't want to be cuddling with the little one, or watching her sleep, or listening to her breath, or jumping up every few minutes to check and see if she is breathing, or to just watch her sleep some more. Ashlanna's bed, for the first 2 months, was on top of the sheets directly between the two of us. Needless to say, I became a very light sleeper, practically over night. When she turned 3 months old, she was finally introduced to the crib...which is at the foot of our bed.

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Pack in plays work great too...just an idea and then you have a play pen for when they are older that is portable and great for when you go camping....love

Tim said...

How well do new borns sleep in their carrier/car seats? They seem like they are soft and cozy. I haven't figured out yet where to set the carrier. Please tell me this isn't some bad idea from a first time dad.

Shannon said...

I know of a lot of babies who sleep in their carseat/carrier...some due to acid reflex and others because that is how the parents could get them to sleep...I know that Hannah did some sleeping in her swing....when I couldn't get her to go back to sleep or when she had thrown up all over her sheets i would put her in her swing and she would fall asleep for a couple of hours enough for me to get some shut eye. Keep in mind if the baby is safe they can pretty much sleep just about anywhere....love