Thursday, January 21

Tired

At the risk of sounding like the whiny, little spoiled brat that I am (but try to pretend I'm not here on this blog), I'm tired. Not even for good reasons, like staying up all night to read Harry Potter Book 7 or because I was too busy playing beer pong to be bothered with bed. I don't have the ironclad reason of being pregnant, having a teething or new baby who is keeping me up at night, or neighbors who are fond of punk-rock karaoke.

No, I'm tired because work is busy (as usual), and I think I'm getting a little burnt out with my job, even though I love it as dearly as you can love a job. And, now that I'm back to 40 hours a week at said job, I feel like it's getting in the way of my other full-time job...being a Mom. To the point that the two days a week I work in the corporate office and not in my home are starting to feel like a "vacation" of sorts, because I only have to do one job at a time.

I'm tired because I had a migraine this week (my second in a month, which is unusual for me--please don't hate me, Anne, for whining about this one), and despite the fact that I was able to spend most of yesterday in bed (thanks to our amazing babysitters), I still feel like I'm trying to shake it off today.

And I'm tired because I spent the rest of the many hours of yesterday cleaning my house (thank you, my lucky stars, for blessing me with a husband that is such an amazing help with this) so that it could be shown today, because it is *still* on the market. Then even more hours this morning trying to keep the house in ship-shape with a toddler on the loose. Add to this the frustration that we have found a great house that we think we'd like to buy...but the owners of which won't even consider contingent offer, so we're a really stuck until we sell this one. (And seriously, what's up with that, anyway? Are they nuts?)

And this morning, I burnt myself on the stove of the house I would dearly love to sell. Adding injury to insult.

There must be a silver lining here somewhere? I know I should count my blessings, but I'd rather take a nap.

Whiner out.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Mandy, if you can't whine on your blog, where can you whine?

Here's hoping you find that silver lining soon.

Deanna said...

I agree with Amy, whine away. It'll help!

The two full-time job thing totally kicked my butt when I did it. The one-day-a-week my husband was home and I was in the office alone was ah-may-zing. I'm so very thankful now that I'm just doing the mama thing. Tough financially, but way less stress.

colby said...

Whoever made up the phrase "something's gotta give" must have been a working mom.

mandy said...

Thanks, everyone. :) It helps just knowing I can whine sometimes (but I promise to keep it to a minimum ;o).

Jen said...

Sometimes, moms are just tired. Period. Let alone when working and trying to sell your house. Hope you get caught up on rest soon!

Anonymous said...

Dear Whiney,

Sure wish I lived closer to that precious granddaughter of mine. I would take her off your hands for a few hours a day.
I think you had better listen to your body, it is trying to tell you that something is going to give and you probably won't like it when it happens.
So listen to Mom, babies don't wait.
Love and kisses,
Mom