Sunday, December 14

Baby, it's cold outside

We woke up to a balmy 0 degrees this morning...brrrrrr. To all those reading this blog from warmer climates, we don't want to hear about it. ;o) Unfortunately, we didn't get the 11 inches of snow that we were supposed to this weekend (only about 2), as compensation for the bitter cold. This makes me sad for two reasons:

1. Having completely missed out on last year's snowboarding season due to having a bun in the oven, I'm looking forward to hitting the slopes this year...but I'm not into stick boarding.

2. Getting this much cold without any snow to insulate means that I will likely be clearing out some of the "semi-hardy" plants in my garden this spring, that turned up their roots and died. Even my rhododendrons look decidedly glum at the moment.

One good thing, the cold means we're stuck inside, having a family day and playing Christmas carols and decorating the tree. The house smells like the warm banana bread that I baked earlier and I'll be making some hot chocolate soon (and ignoring the calories). Hope all of you are having a cozy winter day as well.

3 comments:

colby said...

Banana bread and hot chocolate? I'm on my way.

Shannon said...

We haven't hit 0 yet but we are close. We had Ice storms all last night and so everything is ina thick layer of Ice. Everything on post except for the hospital is on a 2 hour delay. love you tons.

Anne said...

Yay for hot chocolate!!! It's -25 below here and none of our vehicles start but the wind isn't blowing hard (we hope it doesn't). I'm going to freeze down an apple outside, then throw it off the deck to see if i can get it to shatter. Sorry we missed your call Sat - our stupid phone is going straight to voicemail part of the time!