Well, Anna's first night in the nursery on her own went...surprisingly well. :o) She slept from about 10:30 PM to 6:30 AM, at which point she woke up and fussed a bit so I hiked over there and put the pacifier back in her mouth and she was out for another hour or so (it always amuses me to watch her with the pacifier...she sucks on it until she starts to fall asleep, then forcibly ejects it from her mouth...POP).
Mom and Dad did OK...being the geeks that we are, it took us about 45 minutes of fussing with the new monitor (I dropped our old one by accident and it is now less than reliable) to get it in just the right place in the bedroom with the least amount of interference and maximum visibility. Then, of course, we had to remember how to sleep on our own...no night light, turn on the fan (yay), mmmmm, dark. Amazingly, I slept pretty well, once we had also done the whisper test to make sure we could hear even the slightest sound (I told you, geeks).
Here's hoping our lucky streak continues.
25 School Lunch Ideas Kids Won’t Get Tired Of
2 weeks ago


8 comments:
Congratulations! Joe andI slept WORSE without Sam's little noises at first, but we adjusted.
Well, Grammy thinks you are both big meany heads. She is too young to have to sleep by herself. She has all the rest of her life to do that. So, a big POOOOOHY to you guys!
Grammy
We did all the monitor checks, too. You guys aren't the only geeks out there.
Way to go, Meyerinos. Now you get the excitement of seeing her face light up when you come in the room... good medicine for those of us who wake up grumpy at first ;o)
Hurray! I'm glad it went well. It's tough those first few nights... I felt like her room was SOOO far away but it has to work!
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement! (Grammy, we'll deal with you later ;o). Apparently, Tim is the one having trouble sleeping now without the little one in the room...I find this ironic since her noises never woke him up before. Go figure. Either way, she seems to like her crib and sleeps like a fat little log.
There's an amusing scene in Marley and Me where the mom (over-tanned Jennifer Aniston) is complaining about being tired, and the dad (over-nosed Owen Wilson) says he'll get up with the baby tonight. She replies that he doesn't even HEAR the baby. ;o)
Another perfect scene for anyone with dogs and kids is one where the toddler and baby just fall asleep, mom lies down for a nap, the dog hears the garbage truck go by... woof woof woof... kids wake up :p
I'm glad that it is going well. i remember the first time I put Hannah in her own room, it was tuff because I was use to all her little noises and all that good stuff. Keep up the great work.
Post a Comment