Taking our pediatrician's (and several experienced mommies') advice, we are going to try moving Anna from her bassinet in our bedroom to her crib in the nursery, since she is doing well at sleeping through the night. Tonight is the first trial run. I have to admit that while part of me rejoices at the idea of not waking to every little noise and grunt she makes, most of me doesn't like the idea of not having her right there beside me...within arm's reach if I want to make sure the kid is still breathing or pet her fuzzy hair. And I have grown somewhat attached to waking up to that darling little face smiling at me in the morning...but admittedly, it wouldn't be so cute at the ripe old age of 16, so I suppose we have to move her sometime. Wish us luck!
2 comments:
You guys will do just fine! Be thankful that you have a babe that actually sleeps in big enough chunks to contemplate this. Besides, after all that work in the beautiful nursery...she's got to appreciate it when she's still little ;)
How did it go? Were you awake all night anyway, trying to hear all the grunts?
Hope you all got some sleep. ;)
Post a Comment