Monday, October 20

We should be shopping at Petco...

We were lucky enough to be visited by the Scott and Beka branch of the Meyer clan the past few weeks, and of course they brought Lily (our 18 month year old niece) along. We had a great time visiting with her and the rest of the family and Anna got to meet her other cousin for the first time. We also broke out the toy basket, and judging by how many of us fully grown adults were playing with the toys, we now understand why they say ages 1 and "up".



We even got to sneak in one last boat trip out on the lake before the weather turns nasty--it was a gorgeous day, if a little windy and choppy...hence why the mountain goats were a bit out of focus (it was also a bit cold, as you can probably tell from Anna's Sponge Bob Square Pants outfit). ;o)








Later that week, Aunty Mandy got to babysit Lily all on her own for the day...something of a preview of what toddlerhood has in store. It was a bit of a workout, but we had a fun day. At one point, Lily found the dogs' halloween costumes and it turns out that cocker spaniel size is approximately 18 month year old size as well. ;o)







After all that playing, it was time for a nap...and where better than in a perfectly sized and comfy bed? I'm sure the dogs didn't mind...needless to say, I've decided to stop shopping at Babies "R" Us for Anna and switch to Petco instead.

2 comments:

colby said...

Lily looks like she wants to take Penny and Dakota's dog beds home with her. She sure is big!

mandy said...

Hahaha...I just saw my typo, but I think I'll leave it in there. As you've probably figured out, Lily is 18 months old, NOT 18 month years old...no teenagers yet. ;o)