We took the trailer and camped at Lincoln Rock (so named for a rock formation across the river that bears our sixteenth president's profile), and Anna got to experience camping for the first time. Given, we camp in an RV that is basically a little mobile house...we are nowhere near brave enough to tent camp with an infant minus all the comforts of home.
Our Oktoberfest experience itself was pretty tame--due to the rain, the town was fairly quiet when we went in on Friday and we kept our verucht-ness in check with baby in tow. Still, we found some great toys and other Christmas gifts (shopping time has suddenly become a rare commodity, have to get it in while I can) and enjoyed some tasty food and beer.
The rain finally cleared up on Sunday, so we took a walk and played in the leaves--Anna thought they made a great bassinet. I'm prone to think that she agrees with me that autumn is an awesome time of the year.


3 comments:
Dad should buy her her own little Oktoberfest hat, then they could be a matched set. ;o)
I love your new blog look!
I'd have to agree with you both, its just so beautiful and she looks so at peace in those leaves!
Post a Comment