After her appointment, we did some shopping and then Mom and Dad went out to lunch. Anna decided to bless us with a nap, so we even got to have ice cream aftewards! (We went to Scoops, where I ordered the Hot Fudge Anna...vanilla ice cream with bananas, fresh hot fudge, whipped cream and a cherry...delicious and almost as sweet as my little baby).
Then we came home...ate again...took a nap...then it was off to Mom's hair appointment. Anna got to drop by and spend some time with Aunty Colby and Michele (our hair stylist extraordinaire). Then back home again and Anna celebrated all of this activity by having a major blowout to the proportion that warranted her first "real" bath! Note the picture in Tim's arms...that's her just before, plotting her revenge. Surprisingly, she actually seemed to like it...as long as she was getting warm water poured on her. Any breaks for soap and suds didn't make her too happy.
After all that excitement, we just had to eat again and then take a well earned nap. Ah, the sleep of the innocent.


6 comments:
The readers need to appreciate the awesomeness of her hair... it's just not coming through so far ;o)
I take that back... the readers need to CLICK on the bottom picture to see the life-size original of Anna and Tim - only then will you appreciate her awesomely cute hair. (She might not think so in 18 years when she goes on her first date and can't get her hair just right...)
What? Date 18 years from now? I'm thinking more like 21 years from now.
So cute! Thank goodness for weight gain right!!
Glad to hear you are hanging in there. I agree with the eating thing. my husband is making me eat and I just want to nap.
I've heard that dark stout not only helps increase your milk supply but also adds calories so if you are up to a drink here and there it might help raise that caloric intake for you both. I had one yesterday right after I pumped to ensure that little to none of the alcohol got into my next pumping session!
This is going to sound awful, but I must agree that my roomies of 524 Spotswood with kids all confirm the stout/heavy beer theory (note: this means drink "a" heavy beer, not drink beer heavily ;) ). Strangely enough, it came up in random conversation with Tiff yesterday.
Some tips I learned from a lactation consultant:
Try to snack on something when you feed Anna...she'll get crumbs all over her, but then you remember you have to eat.
You could use Fenugreek (an herbal supplement). You end up smelling like maple syrup, but it worked for me while Noah was in the NICU...and it actually has some studies done on it.
You can't make milk if you're stressed out, so maybe it's a good thing sleep is so high on your priority list.
If you want to come over and eat ice cream, our freezer is stocked!
Post a Comment