Wednesday, August 20

Shields down

Another milestone--yesterday Anna started nursing for the first time without using the shield! Three cheers, by Mom in particular (despite the fact that it's meant to prevent discomfort, I find the shield extremely uncomfortable). This also means that Anna has finally learned how to use that complicated little muscle, the tongue, and has got the sucking motion down pat.

Probably just in time, my mom has been staying with us and helping out but had to head back down to Waha today...so we're on our own for the first time with the little one and this is just one less thing to worry about. Let's hope we don't starve without grandma's constant reminders to eat three meals a day and her here to prepare them...two words that I can't say enough (especially now that I'm a mommy)...

"Thanks, Mom!!!!!"

3 comments:

Jen said...

I hope you have your favorite pizzeria on speed dial now that grandma has gone!

Amy said...

Congrats on the nursing progress!

Leah said...

Hurray for getting rid of the shield! I am still using mine and worried I will never get rid of it. Day six... you give me hope that it will be gone in a few weeks!