Wednesday, September 3

A Perfect Little Bowling Ball

We had Anna's three week appointment today and she's now officially 9 pounds! Take that, birth weight!

We had a busy day running errands around the area, and we got a lot practice nursing in places outside of the comfort of the nursery (which is now equipped with a soft cushy glider and nursing pillow for Mom and babe). Nursing any old place always seems difficult to get the hang of, for both of us, especially when fighting a Hooter Hider in a windy park. :P It's enough to make one a fan of nudist colonies.


We also got practice with changing a diaper in the backseat of the Jeep...another adventure, but mischief managed. This kid's getting more portable by the day! Which is a good thing for mom, who is going a little stir crazy in between naps at the house.


4 comments:

Anne said...

Hey guys! Nice family picture and the Hider blowing away in the wind provided quite the mental picture. :) Tiff is sending me one - the Spotswood Girls seem to swear by them (hopefully not at them). Sorry to hear of the stir-craziness but am very happy to see that baby is going so much more mobile. Hopefully the weather over there cooperates and you can enjoy fall together!

colby said...

I'm not sucking up or anything here, I really swear, but I think you look great - considering your baby is only 3 weeks old and you get 3 hours of continuous sleep at a time if you're lucky. ;o) Dad looks good, too.

Hooray for growing babies, hooray for getting out of the house, hooray for hooter hiders!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful family! You look great (I didn't know you pre-preg, so either you have a permanent glow, or you had pregnancy glow before and mommy glow after!) She is such a doll and you all look so happy! again, congrats on the new addition!

Team Eddy said...

Sorry, I have to leave my two cents about draping while nursing. I agree it is such a pain! I eventually decided that if people didn't want to see a boob with a baby attached, then they should look the other way. Apparently all my modesty has gone out the window since becoming a mom. :)