No baby yet, and to those of you who are watching this blog religiously, I apologize for not getting anything posted yesterday. I am officially now on maternity leave, which means that yesterday was a super busy day at work (have to make a few changes for them to remember me by for the next 12 weeks ;o).
Since there is still no baby in sight, we went out for dinner with my wife and her husband to Qdoba and then to Cold Stone, where I drowned my sorrows in Cake Batter ice cream with various chunks of yummy stuff in it. I love batter, and since I can't have the real deal right now with raw eggs in it, the various batter ice creams have to suffice. I have to admit, I'm somewhat glad that labor didn't start immediately after that, because I'd hate to have to give up Cake Batter ice cream after getting to see it come back up during labor (though I'm sure my postpartum weight loss plan would thank me). :P
The batter ice cream did start me thinking about exactly what went into this baby's "batter." I've decided that if this baby came out with a recipe card attached, it would read something like this:
To Bake a Baby:
In a large bowl: 50% water, 25% Qdoba (Salsa Verde, Chicken, Pico de Gallo, Rice, Beans), 10% Banana, 10% Fruit (not from concentrate), 2% Batter Ice Cream (Cake or Brownie), 3% Other natural ingredients (including Vim and Vinegar), 1 small monster
Mix well and bake for 40 weeks--NO LONGER!
Not sure if this list qualifies as 'sugar and spice and everything nice' but I suppose it's a little late now. ;o)
25 School Lunch Ideas Kids Won’t Get Tired Of
2 weeks ago


3 comments:
At least she'll have good taste... or taste good?
I read this while finishing a big bowl of chocolate ice cream...so I'm liking the Coldstone idea. Yay for your wife to keep you going when the 40 weeks are dragging!
We're hoping your pregnancy ends soon!
Post a Comment