Monday, September 22

You can't have too many nieces...





...and I can't wait for my latest one to arrive! Of course, I'm just an honorary Aunt in this case, but Anne (my best friend since Kindergarten, unfortunately for her) is in the final hours pregnancy and will soon give birth to what we're told will be a little bundle of sugar and spice and everything nice. As of this morning, Mini Miller is still hanging out in the pool, but Mom is walking all over Montana to try to coax her out.

Knowing all too well what's in store, I wish that I could help in some way--but this is one girl scout badge we all earn for ourselves and I know she will do great! I've never been more happy to lose a bet and win a wonderful new niece in so close a time. ;o)

For those of you who aren't aware, Anne and I had a standing bet for years...whoever had a baby first *lost* the bet and the "prize" for the winner is two weeks of babysitting time so that the Mom and Dad elect can have a vacation. ;o) Of course, this was before we knew how wonderful babies really are...but we're still not giving up the vacation. Since I lost the bet (just barely!), I am now working on some kind of double or nothing on the second child...but I have to say, I'm looking forward to spoiling this new little one for two weeks someday!

Love you lots Anne Lark, can't wait to welcome you to Mommyhood. :)

1 comments:

colby said...

Hang in there, Anne! Almost there! We're rooting hard for you over here in Idaho. Can't wait for the announcement.