Wait? I thought pregnancy and the joys of controlled breathing were over?
These were the thoughts running through my head as Tim and I attended our CPR class on Tuesday night. It has been quite a while since I'd taken CPR (back in the days when, in order for my Mom to allow me to babysit, she signed me up for the hospital's safe sitter course) and Tim had never taken it...and since Anna already loves to stick things in her mouth, we thought it might be wise.
Turns out it had changed a bit since I took it last (now only two breaths and 30 compressions) so we got up to speed and got "certified" on adult/child/infant CPR and the heimlich. Phew!
Now if only they hadn't shown that demonstration video for infant CPR..."Grandma and Grandpa are babysitting and baby stops breathing, etc, etc"...basically every parent's worst nightmare. So now I'm on a quest to get the obliging grand parental units certified as well, though even I have to admit that Tim and I made it through childhood just fine. Even so, my mind keeps harking back to my mother's words..."in order to babysit, you have to know CPR"...funny now to have it come back full circle now and be saying those words myself. ;o)
25 School Lunch Ideas Kids Won’t Get Tired Of
2 weeks ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment