Thursday, July 24

What's in a Name?

No really? What? I promised rants on this blog and I haven't delivered one for a while, so I figured this one is overdue. ;o) Let me preface this by saying that (in my experience) every pregnant woman has at least one 'hot button' question that after about 9 months, or even 6, really starts to drive her nuts. For some it's the 'How are you feeling?' for some it's "Wow, are you having twins? You're really starting to show!'. For Tim and me, it has been the ever present "So what's the name?" question. Referring to the baby as the 'little monster' hasn't happened by accident--we found out early on that the problem with sharing the names you are considering is that everyone feels the need to offer an opinion. ;o) Since we were drowning in unsolicited advice already, the name debate turned out to be the last straw and we clammed up and decided to make it a surprise for everyone.

However, in the interest of pacifying our dear readers, I decided to post some of the names we have considered:

1. Summer Morning
2. Trixie Jo
3. Diamond Esmerelda
4. Shimmerie Derue
5. Olive Indiana
6. Chlamydia Dawn

None of these names had just the right "zing" to them though, so they are off the list and therefore fair game. We'll leave it to you to interpret your own definition of "zing". If anybody has any names to add that are of a similar caliber and quality, please, leave a comment--we'd love to add to this list. ;o)

As you have probably guessed, this post is mostly a way to fill blog space, since we have also found that you tend to get a lot of phone calls when you don't post for a few days and are 38+ weeks pregnant...so no baby yet, just more rants.

5 comments:

Jen said...

You're right...we're all watching for that post that says "She's here!". Fun names...I think you should really reconsider the last one. Think about it...no one would ever forget her name.

colby said...

I like it when people say to "just relax!" Yeah, because it's real easy to relax at 38 weeks. Maybe it would be more relaxing to put your fist in their face? ;o)

Rebekah said...

You should add Shakimbria Allazay to names to consider. ;) I saw a talk show where a woman said she named her daughter that to keep her close to her african-american roots. Placenta is another good name that has been given to a child. It has a nice ring to it. ;)

Amy said...

Mandy, it's good that you have so many helpful readers. We also have been plagued by the name search...thanks for giving us such inspirational ideas. :)

Anonymous said...

I think I dated a girl named Chlamydia Dawn once. Or was it Crabs Dawn. Hold on, I'll post more once I have my cream applied...

-Scott