Wednesday, July 9

June Showers - Pics

As promised, here are a few pics from the baby shower that Mom threw for me, the raccoons, and the turkey in Waha. ;o) Mom had setup the tables in the "beach garden," which turned out to be a very good thing because it was in the shade. Keeping with the garden theme, everyonehad a potted petunia to take home as a favor.





I mentioned earlier that we had three pregnant ladies in attendance, as well as one very new mom, so we couldn't resist the opportunity to take a few pictures. Here we have (from left to right) Anne, Sydney (Jen and Amy's cousin), Jen and her new baby boy (Sam, who is
as cute as can be), me, and Amy.








We realized that between the four of us we actually
represent all "four" trimesters (our childbirth instructor claims that there are actually four trimesters, but someone didn't know how to count--she's including the postpartum period). So we lined up to demonstrate. ;o) Amy is actually early second trimester if we're counting, and she's carrying twins, which I think the rest of us are thankful to have avoided.


What's neat about this picture is that we've all known each other since kindergarten. We all went to school together, graduated together, and now (through pure coincidence) are all having babies in the same year! We have been trying to figure out exactly what was in that fluoride rinse they gave us in elementary school, since it apparently had some kind of countdown clock in it that we weren't aware of...knew we should have made our parents sign that waiver. :P

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Anne is way to little to be around 6 months...its so unfair isn't it Mandy...I looked like I was ready to deliver twins at that time...Mandy you look great too...It's hard to believe this little special gift is coming soon...I love you all so very much..

Jen said...

I agree...I think Amy is actually bigger than Anne.

Anne said...

I'm just waiting for Eric to make a 4H pig comment like Joe's. I thought I was going to be a phone witness to a murder that night! In all seriousness, I'd happily trade showing much more in exchange for this babe moving up and off my hips/bladder!!!!!

colby said...

I think what Anne is wearing vs. Amy in the picture had an impact on that - it's easier to appreciate the scale in person ;o)