For those of you who are like me and "efficient organizers and planners" (a friend's very nice way of saying that I'm a control freak), you can probably relate to the the fact that one of the most unnerving parts of pregnancy is not knowing when the big day is. Though I'm sure this is stressful for every pregnant woman, trying to bend your work schedule around it tends to compound the challenge...and all those little projects you lined up to complete before you were out on leave tend to multiply the longer you're still around to take them on.
So, over the weekend I made a decision to start my leave next Monday, even if the baby hasn't come yet. We are due on Sunday, so we're really hoping that this will be a moot point, but it's amazing how being able to control just one little piece of the puzzle can give you such peace of mind! After 4 or 5 people told me I really needed to relax all within the space of one day, I decided that I may be wound a bit tight and it was time to put an official deadline on all those work tasks. Aaaah, feels so much better. Though I probably shouldn't get used to it, I'm currently basking in my planning efficiency high.
We also made an effort to do just fun things and relax over the weekend. This included going out to eat at a lot of our favorite "adults only" restaurants in the area that we probably won't be frequenting for a little bit. At the end of the weekend, my shoulders felt more like sedimentary rock than igneous rock, so I think we made progress. ;o)
My body agrees. We had our weekly checkup this morning and I am now about 75% effaced and "a good 1, almost 2" centimeters dilated--yay! He also went ahead and "gently" stripped my membranes, hoping to get things moving a bit. Go baby, go.
25 School Lunch Ideas Kids Won’t Get Tired Of
2 weeks ago


2 comments:
My sympathies...waiting is SO difficult. Way to relax and dilate! :)
Pregnancy is sounding a little bit like the phases of grief... you two must be coming closer to "acceptance" ;o)
Post a Comment