Tuesday, July 7

A day at the lake

Long time, no post! Things have been busier than usual around here lately, what with Ironman a few weekends ago (more on that in a later post), and Mandy-the-resident-blogger studying for a big test (which I am happy to report I passed)...and oh yeah, the fourth of July!

We typically spend the 4th on Lake Pend Oreille, specifically at Bayview, on Tim's parents' boat. However, we had a larger than usual crew this year (not that we're complaining--it was great to see Grandma Dean and Kim and Kevin!) so Tim and I decided to rent a pontoon boat to help increase our floatable surface area. It was a great boat, and Tim had a good time being the Captain.


We had a blast out on the water, and Anna enjoyed crawling around in the boat and exploring all the new nooks and crannies, as well as being our onboard entertainment. Dad and Tim fished, and even caught one! The story I'm supposed to tell is that is was a 3 pound (or was it 30?) blueback...but I will let you in on a little secret: it was actually a little 6 inch blueback that we drug behind the boat for about a mile as he was so small no one realized he was on the line. Regardless, we had fun and got to say we caught a fish (and that's where the story ends). ;o)


We met the rest of the crew out at Whiskey Rock (a small bay and camping area) and BBQ'd and swam. My ironwife swam laps around me, but I am somewhat consoled by the fact that it took her longer to get in the water without her wetsuit...there are some advantages to being so well insulated. :P Anna also played in the lake for the first time, in this cute little swimming suit from the Meyer Collection 'o Clothes. She literally said "Aaaaaah" when we put her in the water, poor little thing was so warm.


Just before dark, we headed back to Bayview and tied the boats together to watch the fireworks...we even got to watch some idiot set the hill on fire with their own fireworks...clearly no love lost here. :P Thankfully, the fire was quickly put out, so we didn't have to put any emergency plans into action (such as "how quickly can we get the boat over to the other dock, get to the house, get the dogs/valuables out, and get back to the water before that fire spreads? And how much stuff can we fit on this boat???" and so on).

The fireworks were beautiful...and just what we needed to put the baby to sleep, apparently. Anna had boycotted naps the whole day (a first for her). With everything going on, there was just too much to do and see! However, once the fireworks started she promptly fell asleep and missed the grand finale of the day! Such is life when you are pint-sized and nap deprived. The rest of us had a great time and came home tired but happy (and wishing we had taken naps, too).


Happy (late) 4th of July everyone!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yea! Glad you are back! Anna looks adorable in her swimsuit.

colby said...

Sorry Grammy, I think I could snuggle that baby all day! Even during her record no-naps streak.

And a good time was had by all. I also now know where to go when I want potato salad.

Human Growth Hormone Houston said...

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.