
We also picked about 8 pints of raspberries out of the garden, 6 or 8 squash (why, oh why can I never just plant one squash plant? In the spring it's so hard to believe how many little gords it will gladly produce until you are insulating your house and paving your driveway and lining your closets with squash!), some basil, some uber-delicious sugar snap peas, and a lot of sunshine.

Now I'm making jam out of the raspberries while Anna naps, a process which has become one of our summertime rituals, harking back to the booming raspberry business I had as a kid growing up in the sticks (which financed my summertime fun). I know when we eat the jam after the weather turns cold, it will taste like bottled summer sunshine. Mmmmm.


5 comments:
Would it be a blow to the childhood business for you to post your jam recipe? :)
I am jealous. Plants run screaming the other direction (aka wilt or die immediately) when they see my black thumbs approaching! And now all I can think about is gobbling down on raspberries and yummy yummy jam.
I'm guessing that's a no for posting the recipe? I remember your raspberry jam, that stuff is great!
Haha, sorry, wasn't intentionally ignored. There's no "secret" recipe--I just use the one inside the SureJell box. ;o) I think the only secret to good jam is good fruit.
the secret ingredient is love (and maybe dirt and those little green bugs) ;o)
Post a Comment