That said, the surgery went well. They even gave me the teeth so I could see what all the fuss was about--before you ask, no, I'm not planning on keeping them or making any jewelry out of them or anything else--I just wanted to make sure they came out whole. By Saturday, I was feeling well enough to go visit the Farmer's Market. It was the first one of the year, and we got there a little too late in the day to get in on the really good stuff (us northern 'hoans tend to hit the first farmer's market like a swarm of locusts...it comes from being cooped up all winter), but we were still able to pick up our tomato plants, some fresh eggs and asparagus, ground lamb for Anna, and other goodies.
The weather was gorgeous, so when we got home we got to work turning over our vegetable beds, adding compost, etc. Our last frost date isn't until the 15th, so now I'm biding my time to plant my precious little tomatoes. It's always so tempting to do it early and it seems like it never fails that we'll get a frost that will stunt the poor little things for the rest of the season if I do. You can probably hear me tapping my fingers on the table, looking at my beautiful, brown beds just waaaaaaaiting for the 15th as I type. Mmmm, dirt. Mmmm, fresh veggies.

On Sunday, Tim made breakfast and mimosas for his two resident Moms and Anna gave me the best gift of all--sleep! She suddenly decided she needed to go bed at 7 PM the night before and slept until 8:30 AM the next day. How did she know exactly what I wanted most?
To top off a great weekend, we even got a surprise visit from the Miller clan on Sunday, albeit short as they were on their way home to Montana and still had a long drive ahead of them. Still, the girls got to play together for a little bit (Gwennie is a such a cutie and showed Anna a thing or two about getting around) and us parents got to visit. Alas, the visit was far too short, but one of the best presents I could ask for. I even got to pat the little bun in the oven.

All in all, a great first Mother's Day. Next year, though, I think I'll avoid any surgery...a Mother's Day dinner of liquids and mushy stuff tends to be less than inspiring. So are the chipmunk cheeks, but at least I match Anna. ;o)


5 comments:
Is Anna crawling yet? How about Gwen? Anna looks so cute... like she's on the prowl in that one photo... so alert :)
No crawling as of yet on the Anna front--she stands up on her hands/knees and rocks back and forth and sometimes she'll make a little forward progress, but otherwise she's taking her sweet time. Gwen isn't exactly crawling yet, but she rolls and scoots and "swims" with the best of them and tends to get where she wants to go. ;o)
We're hoping anytime now on the crawling, but (as usual) Anna is doing it in her own sweet time. We've been joking that she takes after her engineer father--she has to sit there and thiiiiink about it, and consider all the angles, and then (and only then) will she try it. How about Millie? It seems like Anna is a "late" crawler, but I'm not sure when some of her fellow kiddos started crawling.
You can't rush perfection. ;o)
Just for you, I saw this on the weather forecast:
"Freeze watch in effect from late Tuesday night through Wednesday morning..."
No crawling on the Millie front. she has no teeth either!
It seems far off too as she doesn't like being on her belly so she'll do the up on her arms/hands but not even on her knees. We try to put her up that way and she just lumps back down.
I felt that way about sitting up though too and just all of a sudden she was sitting. All on her own time I suppose. Her dad didn't walk until he was 17 months becuase he wa lazy. I think Millie might be the same way! She has two servants that take her places, why would she want to crawl there?!?!
Post a Comment