Tuesday, November 29

The curious case...

Anna's imagination has taken off lately and, like any three year old, it sometimes gets ahead of her.  For example, each morning when we pass the huge water slides at Wild Waters on our way to school, she never fails to inform me that "me and Lily went on those slides" (the park has been closed for a while now, so I can only assume she imagined this event unless her and Lily somehow went for a joy ride in the red wagon that we were unaware of).

For anything that she thinks she is still too little to do, her favorite thing to say is "When I was big, I could..."  Such as "When I was big, I could I drive the car really fast...slide down that hill...jump really high over that hill...fly an airplane...etc"  Since she seems to understand past/present/future tense in other conversations, I can only assume that this whole time we have been unknowingly raising a female version of Benjamin Button.  At least, one can only hope--considering the list of things she could apparently do "when she was big," we're in trouble if we still have all that in front of us. ;o)

0 comments: