I admit it: I got a little "blogged" out for a while there. It was hard enough to find time to think my thoughts, let alone write them all down. Now that summer break is almost over (sad), I suddenly find myself with enough brain space to want to blog again...so, an update.
First, our little leader, Anna. She turns 4 next month!!! Hard to believe, though anyone who hangs around her tends to think she's older. A combination of a big growth spurt and a big attitude, I suppose. She is doing a good job of raising us parents though, and her "puppies," who mostly spend their days carefully considering the inside of their eyelids. She will be going back to preschool at NIC with me in the fall 4 days a week, but in the meantime, I get to hang out with my favorite bud this summer.
Tim is also doing well, though busy at work with a million projects. He recently visited Muncton, Canada (Google Map it, I dare you), but otherwise has thankfully gotten to stay home for most of the summer, allowing us to take a few trips. He still works as an electrical engineer here in CDA, and has gotten to expand his job duties into some interesting research & development.
As for me, I am still...well, me. No cure for that, I'm afraid. I'm keeping busy this summer doing an internship in the microbiology lab at KMC (our local hospital), learning lab assistant duties and how not to collect a specimen. I won't go into details here for those of you who may be eating or ever wanting to eat again, but it has been educational to see one aspect of the "other" side of patient care.
Speaking of patient care, watch out world, because here I come! I will be starting the RN/ADN program in the Fall at NIC, after finally finishing up my prerequisite classes and being accepted into the program. Right now, that basically means a flurry of purchases like scrubs, a real stethoscope, a million dollars in books (I'm only slightly exaggerating here, we buy pretty much all of our books for the entire two years up front), lots of shots/vaccinations and paperwork. As of August 27th it will mean kissing my life and free time goodbye until December...but I am looking forward to finally getting started, and to my clinicals.
In other news, we just got back from our yearly trip to the Washington coast, though this year we were lucky enough to take our niece, Lily, along with us! Pictures to come in a separate post, but the girls had a blast...as evidenced by the presence of sand in every orifice.
I suppose it's time to get ready to go to work, so that's all folks (insert your best Porky Pig impression here). Stay tuned! :)
25 School Lunch Ideas Kids Won’t Get Tired Of
2 weeks ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment