Sunday, October 16

Poor Froggy

Last week was midterms week, and it goes without saying that I had so much to do that I'm *still* doing it this week.  I had a lot of homework, including some virtual Anatomy & Physiology labs that I had to run computer simulations for.  Anna always likes to "help" me with my homework, especially when there's coloring or  something "fun in the eyes of a three year old" involved.

The other evening, after dinner, Anna asked me: "Mommy, can I play the zap game?"

Me: "The what?" (totally at a loss)

Anna: "You know, the Poor Froggy game."

Me (thinking I really don't know at all and wracking my brain for every Android app/DVD game/board game I can think of): "The what game?!"

Anna: "Zap the poor froggy."

Then it hit me.  She helped me with my virtual labs, one of which involved the heart muscle.  It was pretty gruesome actually, I'm glad that this one was virtual--the frog is kept alive while its heart is removed from its body and zapped with various electrodes or doused with chemicals to see how it will respond.  Yeah, yuck.  Anna, however, thought the zapping noise was great and had fun zapping away at the soon-not-to-be-still-beating heart.

Poor Froggy.  But Lucky Me...maybe she can do some of my homework for me. ;o)

0 comments: