Monday, April 19

Master-Level Easter Egg Hider

Meet our Air Conditioner/Heat Pump. It's very nice.



Now, meet what we found *behind* the AC unit this afternoon.



Can't quite see it? Let's get a closer look.




That's right. Your eyes do not deceive you--that is an EGG. No, it was not laid there by some wandering and confused chicken. It was *put* there.

By my mother.

LAST Easter, 2009.

Yep, Mom...we finally found that last egg we couldn't track down last Easter. Look for it in the mail soon.





P.S. - Rotten eggs (and I'm sure this one is VERY rotten), inevitably make me think of Patrick McManus and one of his stories regarding throwing rotten eggs at his friends as a kid. It seemed particularly appropriate that when I went to find his web page, his daughter had posted a link about his "Master-level" Easter Egg Hiding skills. Excerpt below, since I'm sure they will change the page soon.

"Most of you probably don't know that Pat is one of the last true master-level Easter egg-hiders in the world. I know he looks positively benevolent in this picture, but I assure you, when it comes to hiding Easter eggs, the man is a machine."

Mom, looks like you and Pat are part of a rare breed of those with egg hiding super powers. ;o)

2 comments:

colby said...

Oh Grammy... you sure are a pro. I know where I'm bringing my future theoretical children to hunt their easter eggs ;o)

It might be time to start making a list of where the eggs are all hidden... but that might take the fun out of it!

Anonymous said...

Oh MY Gosh!!
That is too funny. I do remember hiding that egg in there, (oldzheimers hasn't set in yet.
Did Anna see the egg? She probably got excited thinking that Rabbit also comes to her house.
I am proud to be in the elite club of Master -Level Egg Hiders, especially with the likes of Patrick McManus. I really believe that it takes hidden qualities in a person to be a good egg-hider. 1. You must have ADD- otherwise why would you be out there running around early in the morning hiding stupid eggs in the first place while everyone else is still sleeping.
2. You must be tormented, only Patrick and I would know about this.
3. You must believe... that there is something magic about never losing your ability to have fun in life, no matter how old you are.
Once you embrace these qualities, you too can me a master at hiding those eggs, who knows maybe some one will find one years later when it has turned into a master stink bomb.

Love,
Grammy Nana