Thursday, September 24

Not Appropriate for Adults

For her birthday, we got Anna a LeapFrog Alphabet Pal Caterpillar. If you haven't seen them, these things are cool--the feet are all the different letters of the alphabet and it says the name of the letter or the sound it makes (along with a lot of other things, like playing songs) when you press down on them. And it sings the alphabet song. All. The. Time.

Anyway, not long ago Anna was playing with it while I was busy doing something else and all of a sudden I heard it giggle and say "Hehehe, that tickles!". Ever alert for possible "easter eggs" of age-inappropriate dialogue hidden in children's toys, I began to wonder what she had pressed to make it say this.

I started playing with the feet and couldn't get it to do it again, so eventually I got bored and wondered what else I could make it "say". For example, if you pressed the "F" to make a "Fuh" sound...and then the "K"....aha! "Hehehe, that tickles!" Eventually, between Tim and I, we were able to find a whole collection of words that apparently tickle this poor little caterpillar's feet (use your imagination). Guess the people at LeapFrog are pretty smart...they even adult-proof their toys.

3 comments:

colby said...

Wow. That's.... clever.

Rebekah said...

Lily has one of those too. I think they used to not say the tickle deal and parents got really upset, so they reconfigured them to not cuss.

Ariel said...

Heh... one way to have fun with a toy you are getting tired of hearing...;)