Yes, that is a for sale sign on our home! We're in the process of looking for a larger home with more land around it, but first we had to get ours ready to sell. I can say for certain that my house has never been this clean all at once before. :P It also feels like we've already moved at least three times, what with packing extra stuff up and taking it to storage, cleaning the house/walls/baseboard/etc, cleaning all the carpets and so on. However, we're finally officially on the market!
We've found one or two homes we're interested in, but (and I know this will come as a surprise) I'm rather picky...so no offers have been extended to buy just yet. In this market, we'll be lucky to sell our house within a reasonable amount of time, but here's hoping for the right buyer to come along and fall in love! We had a realtor's tour of the home today, which went well...as much of a challenge as it is to get/keep a house "show ready" with a little toddler running around and getting into everything, hopefully it will all be worth it.
Either way, we all get to enjoy a very clean and well organized house...at least for a little while. Though part of me hopes I never have to move a stick of this furniture again any time soon, the other part knows that if I do, it will be a good thing (I just keep repeating that to myself everytime I drop something on my toe and or man-handle a stubborn dresser back into place).
I hope to catch up on a few posts in the coming days, but in the meantime I thought I would just get something out there to confirm that we're all still alive. Meanwhile, if you know anyone who needs a nice, 3 bedroom rancher, send them our way! ;o)


2 comments:
Good luck! We sold our house in about two weeks this summer - both a blessing and a curse.
You'll find The House, I know it...coming from one Picky House Hunter to another :)
Thanks!!! You have no idea how helpful it is to hear that at just the right time--we were just discussing last night how frustrating it is to keep finding the PERFECT house...on the wrong lot. Or the most GORGEOUS view...with a crappy house. I really hope that somehow, some day, The One will find us.
Post a Comment