Sorry for the long delay in blogging, dear readers...the weather has been too nice to stay indoors and blog! Stay tuned for several catch-up posts to come.
Q4: What has been the biggest surprise of motherhood for you?
A: This is going to sound terrible, but the biggest surprise has been the fact that I like it at all. ;o) Before having Anna, I definitely would not have described myself as a "maternal" person. I was perfectly content without kids, and Tim and I enjoyed our lifestyle. We like to travel, we like to go out to eat, be active, etc. More importantly (for me), I wasn't ready to compromise the career I had worked so hard to build by having a child...until I had one. It's amazing how fast your priorities rearrange themselves, and I have never looked back. While Tim is my rock, Anna is the light of my life--her smile literally lifts my heart, and her laughter is the sweetest music in the world. Sometimes I feel so connected to her that I imagine we can hear each other's thoughts--obviously, I have no way to prove or disprove this since she isn't talking yet. ;o)
That being said, the best part has been finding ways to do all the things we enjoyed before with our new family of three. We still travel, we still bike, golf, and do all the things we enjoy, with some minor modifications, and bring her along. As for my career, I still have it, too (along with another one--being a mom!), and feel I'm better-richer-wiser for the experiences being a mother lets me lend to it. And every once in a while we do still go out on a dinner date, just the two of us...and spend all night talking about our baby. ;o)
25 School Lunch Ideas Kids Won’t Get Tired Of
2 months ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment