One of the most common things that people comment on with regard to Anna is her vocabulary--for whatever reason (natural tendency? or maybe the fact that she demands at least 3 books a night, which is why Tim and I can both recite every word of every Boynton book published :P) she communicates very well. Mostly, this is great. She can tell you what she wants, she can tell jokes, she can boss around the puppies. Sometimes though, it comes back to bite us...
For example, last night when she decided she needed a cookie after dinner. Usually, she's pretty good about saying "Thank You" and "You're Welcome" but we're still working on the consistent use of the word "Please"...
Anna: "I want a cookie."
Mom: "Can you ask nicely?"
Anna: "Ask Nicely."
Mom: "No, I meant can you say the magic word?"
Anna: "The Magic Word."
Mom (sighing): "Say please, Anna."
Anna: "Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease."
I should mention, she knows full well what I was asking for the first two times...but when you're two, sometimes the sheer principle is worth waiting a few minutes for a cookie.
25 School Lunch Ideas Kids Won’t Get Tired Of
2 months ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment