Monday, January 25

Mote!

Remember this post? This morning, I was reminded that this little tyke really is always listening. We usually play a game in the mornings (since it seems to be when Anna is most receptive to repeating and learning new words), where I will point to an object and say its name, and Anna repeats it. When she gets it right, I'll repeat the word and nod my head and clap and say "Good job!" or "Yaaay".

This morning, the tables were turned. I was sitting on the couch, watching Anna run around and pick up objects and call them by name, when she suddenly pointed to the remote on sitting on the arm of the couch next to me. I said "Remote. It's a remote." Instead of repeating it back to me and moving on, she nodded her head really big, said "Mote!" and clapped for me. Good job, Mom! You learned a new word! She repeated this several times until she was sure I had it. ;o)

Even us Moms can learn a new trick sometimes.

0 comments: