Dear Anna,
I just wanted to write and tell you that I'm thinking about you today, even as I sit here at the table with you. Things have been busy lately and I know mommy has had a lot of homework that cuts into that precious play and pretend time! I mean, really, what is A&P lab prep compared to the dangers of an imaginary lion chasing us around the house? As I sit here watching you, I realize that you are growing up so fast...too fast. Soon you will have your own schedule, and bring home homework of your own while you tell me that you are just too busy to play the lion game right now.
As parents, we accept that this is inevitable. That's why I will always cherish days like today--we both woke up tired and snuggled together on the couch for a little nap before lunch. Just like when you were a little baby, your fingers still move when you sleep. Then we made lunch together with Daddy (grilled cheese, yum), worked on our potty training, then "did your polish" (painted your fingernails) the perfectest purple. After that we colored for a little while, and since we colored a picture of popcorn, we decided we needed to make some (which you called "copcorn"). This was the first time we'd made microwave popcorn together and you were fascinated with the POP!, and really loved getting to push the magic button that says "Popcorn" on the microwave. When I finished mine, you made sure to give me some from your bowl, because you are precious that way (and so many others!).
Soon, I really will have to do some of the homework I've been ignoring today, but every hour I'm working on it tonight will be so worth it, just for a stolen day with you.
I love you baby girl!
XOXO,
Mommy
25 School Lunch Ideas Kids Won’t Get Tired Of
2 weeks ago


3 comments:
Childhood is fleeting. Sam says copcorn, too. Sigh.
Me love this...
I always look forward to coming home and taking part in Anna's imagination. Who knew you could sky dive from a space ship and land on an island with a pirate ship next to it ready to take you off to go snorkeling with the dolphins and whales.
Post a Comment