Wednesday, August 12

Happy 1st Birthday, Anna Olivia!


Happy Birthday, my precious girl! I can't believe it's been a year to the day since you were born--surely it can't be that you are already growing out of all of those 12 month clothes that looked like they could never possibly fit you a year ago? You have such a little (or maybe I should say BIG) personality, too--from your toothy grin to your little chortle, to your princess wave.

Your rough stats (we'll have more exact measurements after your well-check in a few weeks):

Weight: 19 lbs
Height: 28.5 inches

Your favorite words:
"Uh-oh"
"Yaaaaay" (while clapping)
"Dada" and "Papa" and sometimes "Mama"
"thank you" (which comes out as "ank ooo")
Point and scream (we're working on this)

Your favorite foods:
-Steak!
-Yogurt
-Bananas (which you literally yell for if you see)
-Raspberries
-Nursing, though you only get to do this first thing in the morning and last thing at night now

Your favorite activities:
-Tormenting the puppies
-"Sharing" food with the puppies...which helps make up for the above
-Throwing things...balls...remotes...food
-Getting into things...like everything
-Reading books (you turn the pages while we read)
-Making funny noises and chattering away
-Waving (like when you sat in the middle of the aisle at Macy's and waved to everyone walking by)
-Riding your push car that you got for your birthday

You aren't walking just yet, but you are so close! You crawl at top speed and pull yourself up on furniture, pant legs and anything else that will stand still. The little peace that Mommy and Daddy have is short-timed. ;o) You also like to jabber and sometimes will go on for hours at a time in a full stream of conversation. We suspect this is some latent gene from Grandma Meyer and/or Poppy Wells.

You are a very happy baby--you love to smile and giggle, and during the day you play with your toys (and anything else in your reach) and keep yourself pretty entertained. We take you almost everywhere with us, and everyone always comments on how well behaved you are (ha ha). Your favorite books are pretty much any Boynton book (we now have 3 box sets of these puppies) or any "touch and feel" book. Your favorite TV shows are Dragon Tales, Sesame Street and Word World, but you also love your They Might Be Giants. You sleep about 12 hours at night and take two naps during the day--a girl needs her beauty rest!

Sometimes, you stand up and look back and smile at me and I am struck by how much you've grown. I struggle to remember how small you were when you were first placed in my arms and how vulnerable...now the dogs run at the sound of you crawling towards them. I love our wake-up routine in the morning and cuddling with you and reading to you right before bed at night. I even love watching you make a poopy diaper (picture a red-faced Popeye) even though I know I'm going to have to change it. Most of all, I love your big hugs, which you like to give often.

This first year has been so special. We can't wait to watch what the years to come will bring...as long as they don't come to quickly. :o)


We love you baby girl, happy birthday!!!!!

2 comments:

colby said...

Happy Birthday, Anna. If every year is as full of surprises as the first, we're in trouble!!

Amy said...

Happy birthday, Anna! And, congratulations, Mandy and Tim, for surviving the first year of parenthood. :)